Saturday, September 27, 2008

Brown-noser

Okay, so some of us have been accused of being "brown-nosers", right? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. I am a real live brown-noser - especially today.

I decided that we needed to stain and seal our wooden play structure before Winter. So, I went out and purchased some dark tinted stain and brushes. Yesterday I started on the task and found that it was very time-consuming. So, Mike suggested that I call a friend (who will remain nameless for sake of his honor) and ask to borrow a pump spray. Our friend told me that we could pump spray the stain onto the play structure and it would be done in no time at all. He also told me that pump sprays are at the most $20, so last night I went to the store and bought one - got it for less than $9.

I was ready to go this morning and filled the pump sprayer. All things were going to go well, right - well, not exactly. I started pumping and spraying, but then the thing turned on me. As I was spraying the wood, the stain was spraying right back into my face. Plus, the pump sprayer was spraying too much stain - I used up the entire gallon can in a little less than an hour.

So, I can declare, "I am a brown-noser." Now if only I can get this stuff off before tonight's Women's Conference!

4 comments:

Jen B said...

Ha, Ha,... That wasn't sarcastic either.

Did you ever get the sprayer fixed? or did you just return it?

Jen

If Looks Could Quill said...

We ended up throwing it away - yeah, I'm a big waster! Burning about $9, but we couldn't get it cleaned out after the stain had been in it. I ever tried dish soap - but the oil based stain was too tough. I learned my lesson the hard way!

Janet said...

I don't suppose Mike was filming this little misadventure? Would love to have seen it.

Leanne said...

I hate to laugh at your expense but that would have been the funniest thing ever to watch. If Mike does have it on video, you could submit that to Funniest Home Video's.

Leanne