Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Even Homeschoolers Have Snow Days!



We woke up this morning to 4-6 inches of new snow and it snowed pretty continuously until about 10am. For my friends in normally snowy climates - this isn't much, but take into consideration that here in Indiana we have had all of maybe 2 inches (if you stretch your measuring stick) this winter, 4-6 inches is a big deal. Our street wasn't plowed, the public schools are closed so I thought, "What the heck? Let's give the kids a snow day, too." My sister called this morning and when I told her I was giving the kids a snow day she responded, "What, so you can quill all day?" Okay, so the thin veil of "nice mom" was torn and my true intentions revealed. I did quill, but only this morning. You can see what I made at my other blog.



The good thing about snow - at least here in Central Indiana - is that when it comes, people freak out and close everything. My husband originally had a two hour delay for work and when he went in, found that he was among only about six or seven other people - the majority being management. So, the head honcho gave all those who had "braved" (yeah, tough elements out there - roll of eyes) the storm 8 hours of comp time and sent them all home. So, we get dad at home - the kids get to sled and try to make a snowman with our fairly dry snow and mom gets to quill while the baby takes a nap. Not such a bad thought to have a snow day - we should do this more often!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Absolutely--Snow days are great days! (Especially when Dad takes the kids...he he)