Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Laundry Day

I love laundry day. Maybe you're thinking, "She's crazy." Maybe you're right, but before you pass judgment, let me explain why I love laundry day.

When the washing machine is churning and the dryer is spinning, it's soothing rhythmic music to my ears. Perhaps I've never gotten over the being removed from the womb thing. I don't know. I just love the sound. Plus, laundry is something that you can be done with - maybe just for a day, but you can get to the point of having no dirty laundry in the house. I like that feeling.

I wonder why the same feeling doesn't convert to dishes - I hate doing dishes. Maybe my dishwasher isn't producing the same womb-like music I love so much. Maybe it's because my children are wasteful - they can come in from playing and get a drink of water and not five minutes later get a drink of water in a different cup. That's probably why I hate doing dishes - It doesn't take long to have enough for a load of dishes.

Maybe someday I'll get a maid - when I'm rich and famous. Maybe...(but we all know that it's never gonna happen). I'll just have to do what my mom did to us kids, taught us well so we could be her slave and do the dishes for her. I'll only be doing what's good for them and teaching them life skills, right? I'm not doing it for my own personal gain, not at all. My motives are always pure.

Yeah, I know, sarcasm is the basest of all forms of humor.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I am clearly not as optimistic as you are. I always think to myself on laundry day that there are no more dirty clothes, but dang it! I'm wearing clothes! So, is there something you aren't telling us about your laundry day? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey I totally understand you! I guess when I was little to put me to sleep my mom would put me on the dryer, i sometimes just turn the dryer on at night in order to fall asleep, I love riding in loud cars, motorcycles, boats, anything with that comfort of the engine I guess, I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the sound! I dont like doing laundry though, not so much!