Monday, October 13, 2008

Confessions of a chocolate lover

Okay, so I have a serious confession to make. I love chocolate. That's not really any big secret, but when a person (ie, ME) is trying (sus-posedly) to lose weight, chocolate is NOT my best friend.

Take today, for example. A good friend was super kind and brought over two plates of treats for us - she wanted to make our family's FHE easier on me - wasn't that nice??? Well, of course it was, but since I am a sucker for chocolate, especially, the gooey kind, it became kind of a bad thing.

There were three brownie-type things on the plate (not really brownies, but can't explain what they were other than they were chocolate) - key word in that last phrase "were". So, I ate one. Yes, bad Brenda, bad! What was even worse was that I noticed after I ate it that there was chocolate residue on the plate where that piece had been. I tried to clean it off with my finger, but it just smudged it more. So, I (brace yourself) got out a Chlorox wipe and cleaned off that portion of the plate so that no one would be any wiser about my eating one of the pieces. For all my family knows (until someone in the family reads this or a friend tells) there were only two pieces to begin with.

I am shameless, I know. But, at least I admit my errors quickly (as I just ate the piece about twenty minutes and the guilt is setting in).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

From one chocolate lover to another... I can totally sympathize with you. Chocolate is my painful addiction.

Hey, I tagged you. Check out my blog to see the details. www.thedowlingsix.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a chocolate lover your not alone! Hey if you haven't already been tagged I tagged you! Go to my blog to see details! Annie is so great in nursery by the way I adore her! I love the pitcures of her!